28 Feb 2016 04:58
Police in the US state of Indiana say they are yet to identify a motive for the "execution-style" murders of three young Muslim-American men last week, in a case that has barely caused a ripple in mainstream media in the United States
The three men - 23-year-old Mohamedtaha Omar, 20-year-old Adam Mekki and 17-year-old Muhannad Tairab - were found dead in a house in Fort Wayne, Indiana, on Wednesday, police told local media.
The men, who police said hailed from Africa's eastern Sahel region, had all been shot multiple times. Police said the murders were not believed to be gang-related.
The killings came in the same week that other mass shootings in the US gained widespread coverage, nationally and internationally.
Last Saturday night, a man identified as Jason Dalton drove around the Michigan city of Kalamazoo and randomly shot people, leaving at least six dead.
Then on Thursday, three people were killed and at least 14 others wounded by a gunman in a series of shootings in the state of Kansas.
After major online news site Vox published a piece on the Fort Wayne shootings on Saturday, many took to social media to question why there had not been more coverage.